|Educator Seminar (Faith, Freedom & Public Schools)
This half-day professional development seminar for public school educators focuses on how to address the "Separation of Church and State" in the school classroom. You will discover:
- Your state academic standards and common core expect students to learn about the Bible and Christianity
- Courts support teaching students about the Bible and Christianity -- including religious aspects of holidays.
- The U.S. Department of Education has clarified students’ religious liberties (and you can teach about them!)
- Practical lesson ideas you can use immediately in your classroom
Saturday, October 21, 2017
9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (doors open at 8:30)
Event fee: $20 until Oct 1
The Rock Church
2277 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA 92106
Event fee increases to $30 starting Oct 2
Continental breakfast and Participant CD are included in the fee!
Childcare is available but you must preregister!
Don't worry about note taking; the Participant CD containing the presentation overheads and additional materials will be provided courtesy of Apples for Teachers.
The Seminar is a $120 value! The Reduced price is made possible by a generous subsidy by Apples for Teachers.
- 8:30AM Registration
- 9:00AM LEGALLY SUPPORTED – A review of relevant court cases
- THE SEPARATION OF CHURCH & STATE - How it is misapplied in schools
- ACADEMICALLY EXPECTED – Your state’s standards expect students to learn about the Bible and Judeo-Christian history, culture, and values.
- CULTURALLY ACCURATE – Statistics on America’s religious culture
- MORAL DEVELOPMENT & RELIGIOUS UPBRINGING – What the research reveals
- 10:30AM Break
- 10:40AM INCLUSION STRATEGIES – Civics, Language Arts, History, Math, Science, Health, Economics, Decision-making skills
- STUDENTS’ RELIGIOUS LIBERTIES – U.S. Department of Education Guidelines on 7 topics
- RELIGIOUS FREEDOM DAY – What you can do in your school & school district
- HOLIDAYS – Lesson ideas for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Martin Luther King Day, Easter, and Passover
- 12:15AM Q&A
- 12:30PM Dismiss
Download a brochure by clicking HERE
Register early by clicking HERE (a must for childcare)