|Educator Seminar (Faith, Freedom & Public Schools)
This half-day professional development seminar for public school educators focuses on how to address the "Separation of Church and State" in the school classroom. You will discover:
- Your state academic standards and common core expect students to learn about the Bible and Christianity
- Courts support teaching students about the Bible and Christianity -- including religious aspects of holidays.
- The U.S. Department of Education has clarified students’ religious liberties (and you can teach about them!)
- Practical lesson ideas you can use immediately in your classroom
Saturday, October 21, 2017
9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (doors open at 8:30)
Event fee: $30
The Rock Church
2277 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA 92106
Continental breakfast and Participant CD are included in the fee!
Childcare is available but you must preregister!
Don't worry about note taking; the Participant CD containing the presentation overheads and additional materials will be provided courtesy of Apples for Teachers.
The Seminar is a $120 value! The Reduced price is made possible by a generous subsidy by Apples for Teachers.
- 8:30AM Registration
- 9:00AM LEGALLY SUPPORTED – A review of relevant court cases
- THE SEPARATION OF CHURCH & STATE - How it is misapplied in schools
- ACADEMICALLY EXPECTED – Your state’s standards expect students to learn about the Bible and Judeo-Christian history, culture, and values.
- CULTURALLY ACCURATE – Statistics on America’s religious culture
- MORAL DEVELOPMENT & RELIGIOUS UPBRINGING – What the research reveals
- 10:30AM Break
- 10:40AM INCLUSION STRATEGIES – Civics, Language Arts, History, Math, Science, Health, Economics, Decision-making skills
- STUDENTS’ RELIGIOUS LIBERTIES – U.S. Department of Education Guidelines on 7 topics
- RELIGIOUS FREEDOM DAY – What you can do in your school & school district
- HOLIDAYS – Lesson ideas for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Martin Luther King Day, Easter, and Passover
- 12:15AM Q&A
- 12:30PM Dismiss
Download a brochure by clicking HERE
Register early by clicking HERE (a must for childcare)